Monday, September 11, 2023

His Grace is Sufficient 🫶 - Yorba Linda, California

Highlight of my week: 

We have a member who sat down with us this week and gave us the most incredible lesson on the Atonement. He cited so many scriptures, and totally blew my mind and helped me to understand the Atonement so much deeper. 

One of my favorite things he said is that the Savior has 7 wounds, and the last is the wound in His side. He dropped some human anatomy on us that I couldn't explain well lol but basically, the fact that blood and water came from Christ's side when it was pierced on the cross means that His heart had been literally broken for us in the Garden of Gethsemane. That was the final wound He received on our behalf, and when He came to the Americas and visited the Nephites, it was the first wound He invited them to feel (3 Nephi 11:13-15). He let them all feel it, one by one, just like He had suffered for each of them one by one. 

The Savior's love for us is so much deeper than we can understand, and it extends to YOU. His grace covers it ALL. He leaves no traces, there isn't some imaginary line we have to hit before His Atonement helps us out, He covers everything. 

Heavenly Father knew I needed this experience, and I'm so grateful for all the little things that worked together for me to be there for that, because it was so impactful. God is so good to me :,)

We have so many new missionaries, so a lot of our mission is training, including me! I'm staying in Yorba Linda, and my new companion's name is Sister Downard. She's from South Carolina, and she's the sweetest ever. I'm so excited to work so hard with her this transfer, we're gonna go crazy on Yorba Linda!!

The members here are so incredible. They found out it was Sister Murri's birthday this week, and we had a constant supply of cake and ice cream all week long haha. They're gonna have to roll me home I swear. They're also such an amazing example to me of member missionary work. I love hearing their experiences of sharing what's in their hearts with others, and taking every opportunity to testify of Christ. They take opportunities to share the gospel I know I wouldn't have even seen before my mission. I'm learning so much from their example about how to be a lifelong missionary! 

We have been working hard the last couple weeks. I felt like I was kind of in a rut for a minute there, but I'm back now, and I know that giving it my all is the way this work was intended to be done. The Lord can work miracles with our willing heart and working hands!

We have some people that we're hoping to start teaching this week! Please pray for Benson, Debara, and Paul:) 

Love you all ❤️Sister Anderson 

Pictures:

Sooo much ice cream 

Building Sister Murri's new furniture right before transfers hahaha

Me + Sister Downard! 



District photoshoot by our mission presidents son 🥹🥹




New transfer, new zone🫶

No comments:

Post a Comment