Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Free Food and Tow Trucks - Mormon Battalion Historic Site

Hey everyone! I feel like not a lot has happened the past two weeks but also so many things lol. Here are some highlights:

- we had two member meals!!! I finally had my first member meal four months into my mission and ya'll- I love them so much. The two families we had dinner with are so so nice and welcoming I just loved being in their homes and getting to talk to them. Makes me so excited for more member meals in Anaheim!!
- we also ate dinner with a senior couple here and they're from Louisiana so they made us gumbo! We lowkey almost got towed after but the nice man let us go. The Lord protects His missionaries! 
- I gave a short tour to a little family from Ukraine who didn't speak a lot of English but they did have a lot of good questions about the church and ended up taking a Book of Mormon in Ukrainian
- Sister Lawson did a solo tour after like 9 days here! #proudmommoment
- we went to the USS Midway, an aircraft carrier museum - pictures included
- we were invited to talk to the youth in the Chula Vista 1st ward we attend, and we talked all about missionary work and what they can do to prepare. It was so great! It was one of those rare moments where I got to stop and think: wow, I am a missionary right now. And that was cool haha 

Scriptural thought for this week:
Sister Lawson and I taught the Come follow me lesson this week, which was about the story of Esther. (It's a great read, highly recommend going through it if you haven't already) but one of my favorite parts of this story is just how much the Lord was involved in the details. When Esther was placed in just the right place at just the right time to save her people, she was asked this question: 

Esther 4:14 ...who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

I know Esther was put there for such a time as that, and I know we've all been put here for such a time as this as well! I invite you all to look for ways that the Lord has been preparing you for the work He has for you, and what spiritual gifts He's given to you specifically to qualify you for that purpose. I promise this search will bless your life:)

I love you all have a good week!! 
❤Sister Anderson 

Pictures:
Wearing each others dresses to church haha 

Coronado Beach ðŸ¤©




Balboa Park

Midway 

Celebrating Peru's independence day lol 







No comments:

Post a Comment