Monday, August 7, 2023

Yorba Linda!! - Yorba Linda, California

I've had a crazy couple of weeks, I've been feeling pretty sick so that's been challenging, but I've been so grateful for the power of prayer and the priesthood:)

I got transfered?????? I LOVED Norwalk so much. This last transfer with Sister Cook was my favorite of my whole mission, hands down. I was kind of expecting to spend the rest of my mission there, so I was pretty sad to leave:( I will definitely miss that place and the humble, quirky people there haha I genuinely loved them all so much:,)

Now I'm in Yorba Linda, the land of white picket fences! This area is so boujee I just drive around in awe all day. Our area has more hills, trees and mountains than I've seen basically my whole mission, so it just feels like a different world, it's kinda trippy. Especially coming from Norwalk, which is pretty close to Long Beach/Compton and in LA county, so its fairly ghetto. Last week, I had some homeless people absentmindedly run out in front of my car and I almost hit them, and this week, I had to stop for a golf cart to cross the road. It's just so different hahaha but both places have fun experiences for sure!

We cover two wards, YL1 and YL5, and we actually have the new Yorba Linda temple in our area!! We got to go to the construction site this week and help a group of primary kids write thank you posters to the workers! It's pretty cool to get to see the progress on the temple, right now they're getting ready to pour the foundation for the area where the baptismal font will be!

We have a harder time finding people to teach in this area, but the members are so kind and so excited about missionary work. I've never been in a ward that understands their role in the gathering of Israel as well as this ward does, it's awesome. I still have so many opportunities to testify of Christ and His restored gospel, and I'm so grateful for that! 

I've been really focusing lately on strengthening my weaknesses through humility and faith in Christ. One thing I was focusing on strengthening this week was my personal studies and prayers. That's something we do every day, but asking the Lord to help me make them even stronger has helped them become revelatory and powerful, every time. I have a testimony that the Lord is able to help us with whatever we ask Him to, no matter how big or small:)

Sister Anderson


Some pics from my last day in Cerritos:,(



Pday hike

Sister Murri, my new comp:)

Sisters Devo! 

Temple site construction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment