Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Officially Discharged. - Mormon Battalion Historic Site

Sorry for such a long email today, but it's a big day! I am leaving San Diego and driving up to Anaheim today to continue my mission there! Its so crazy how fast the time has flown. As cliché as it sounds, it really does feel like yesterday that I got here haha. I have really really loved serving at the Mormon Battalion. It has touched my heart and given me a new perspective on so many things. I'm so sad to leave but I know I'll have many amazing experiences in Anaheim too. 

My very last tour was my family! I didn't realize at the time that it would be my last tour, so I wasn't as sentimental as I probably would've been haha but it was a really good tour:)

Last week we had a battalion field trip, which, let's just say, was the adventure of a lifetime. We all got lost in the desert and ended up getting our cars stuck in some places on the rocky trails. President Top blames it all on me for being excited about off-roading hahaha but that's fine with me. It actually ended up being so much fun and definitely a mission story I'll remember. It was also super cool to walk the trail that the Battalion walked and carved out themselves so that wagons could use it. It's always so powerful to put yourself in someone's shoes like that.

Now that my time is up at the mobat, here are some fun statistics: 

• I've given over 300 tours (+short tours and partial tours)

• I've given tours to people from 25 different states, and the following countries:

Switzerland, Australia, China, Tahiti, South Africa, England, Japan, Scotland, France, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Mexico, Canada, Greece, the Phillipines, Sweden, Ukraine, Taiwan, Hungary, Wales, Chile, and Saudi Arabia 

• I've given out 27 Books of Mormon, in the following languages: 

English, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese 

Most importantly, I have loved all of the people I've served and served with these last six months. I wouldn't trade my experiences here for the world! This new chapter will be so different but so good too. I'm excited to see what's to come :)


❤️ Sister Anderson 






No comments:

Post a Comment