Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Facebook Good-bye post - Mormon Battalion Historic Site

Well, my time at the Mormon Battalion Historic Site has officially come to an end. I don't think I ever expected to feel such a strong connection with this place, this story, or these people, but it truly has become so special to my heart. I have loved serving on this sacred ground every day for the last six months and I will forever look back on it with fondness. This is a place where I have learned so much about myself, about the Savior's infinite grace and goodness, and about how He views and values each person that I got to meet there (and all of His children!) The Battalion's story of service, sacrifice, and faith in Jesus Christ has inspired me to strengthen those qualities in myself and has made me a better missionary and disciple of Christ. Their story truly is so inspiring to me. As I continue my mission in Anaheim starting this week, I will take with me what I learned and I know the love of the amazing people I served with and the "Mormon Battlion in the sky" will carry me. I'm so grateful for my time here and everything that it's taught me. I'm grateful for the Lord's hand in my service here. I love my Savior. I'm so infinitely grateful for His Atoning Sacrifice that makes second chances and eternal glory possible. I know He lives. I love living this gospel. It brings me so much JOY! God is so good:)

If you're ever in San Diego, stop by and say hi for me;) I promise you'll fall in love with it too!


































No comments:

Post a Comment