Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Just enlisted in the US army of the west! - Mormon Battalion Historic Site

I made it!! This weekend has felt crazy long but only a few big things really happened lol 

First of all, I got to go to temple square on Saturday! All of the historic site sisters got to take the train down to Salt Lake and shadow some sisters there. It was super fun and I learned a lot from my awesome companion for the day, Sister Mortensen (I asked, she doesn't have any relatives in AZ lol). We had assignments on the roof of the conference center, in the tabernacle, and outside around temple square to just go up to people and make conversation. When they said they talk to everyone they see, they weren't joking haha. I'm super impressed with the sisters there, especially because they get a lot of people that come to argue with them and they have to know how to handle it cooly and be steadfast in their testimony. I have so much respect for all the Sisters that serve in that mission because I don't think I could do it haha. It was fun to get a "day in the life" of what it's like to be at a visitors center and I'm super glad I got to finally go to the conference center and feel the spirit that's in that room, even though there's no conference going on. There was a noticeable difference between the spirit we can constantly feel in the MTC and in holy places like the conference room, versus out in the real world. 

On Sunday we got to watch Lamb of God by Rob Gardner! A local choir came and performed the oratorio for us and it was beautiful. What a great way to celebrate Easter!! I forgot to say this last week but we also got to have a concert by BYU vocal point at the MTC that was super cool as well! 

Yesterday, we left the MTC at about 4 in the morning and flew from Salt Lake to Dallas (don't ask me why) and then finally to San Diego! After almost a full day of traveling, we finally landed with palm trees and the ocean in view. It was kind of a surreal feeling, but I love this place and I'm so excited that I get to live here! President and Sister Top and our STLs were waiting for us right away to give us all hugs :,) Everyone here is so sweet and fun and I'm so excited to get to know them all! My MTC comp Sister Newman and I were split up :,( but my trainer, Sister Kirkman is super nice and I'm excited to learn from her! I picked out my pioneer dresses and did my first tour tonight!! I only know a few lines right now but luckily I didn't forget anything in the moment so I feel good about it! My comp is super awesome and has everything down so she made up for where I lacked hahah. 

Being in the field after being in the mtc for so long is definitely an adjustment but I know the Lord is on my side and I'll feel right at home in a week or two. Love you all, have a good week! 


Pretty Utah mountains 

Temple square! The temple is under so much construction,
I didn't recognize it at first honestly but I learned
a lot of cool facts about what they're doing to it! 





Being out in the real world again ~ spooky


Ran into Elder Mortensen a few times at the Provo mtc!
Everyone pray for his visa to come before he leaves for England
 🤞


Leaving the sisters in my district was the worst but they'll do amazing things ❤



Pretty Utah mountains 


Arriving at the Mobat!!
President and Sister Top

My cute dress!! 

Sister Kirkman and I 😌



No comments:

Post a Comment